Our impressive collection of environmental credentials.
Pensord takes its environmental and corporate social responsibilities very seriously. As a minimum Pensord ensures that all activities are carried out in conformance with relevant legislation seeking to minimise waste, promote recycling, reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and, where possible, work with suppliers who themselves have sound environmental policies.
We operate to the ISO14001:2004 environmental management standard.
• We fully support the aims and objectives of the Forestry Stewardship Council® (FSC®) or Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) standards and hold a ‘chain of custody’ certification.
• Active supporter of the paper industry’s Two Sides campaign.
• Active members of the PPA Carbon Footprinting Working Group.
• We offer all of our customers a Free Green Audit to reduce their Carbon Impact.
• Invested in Powerstar, which is the most efficient voltage optimisation system available, saving up to 26.1% of the total electricity consumption and related CO2 emissions.
• Our inks are vegetable based using soya and rape seed oils.
• All printed and white paper waste, polywrap, plastic and cardboard is gathered, separated and collected for recycling.
• Auto stop taps installed to reduce water loss.
• Lighting in offices is latest T5 High Efficiency and High Output technology and lighting in low traffic areas changed to Infra Red and Microwave sensor controlled.
• Waste and Improvement teams set up – to date savings achieved in improving paper waste, recycling of envelopes, reduction in poly size and thickness, recycling of office waste.
• Oxy/bio and lightweight polywrap promoted and used.