- Posted by admin
- On March 20, 2020
- 0 Comments
It feels like we have faced uncertainty surrounding business and the economy for many years now however, what we face with the Coronavirus situation now makes Brexit seem like a walk in the park!
Like many of you we are faced with finding a way through the current situation. This will involve changes to the way in which we plan, operate and communicate both internally and externally.
Whilst you deal with your own situation you will no doubt have concerns over our ability to maintain supply chain and production. So, this communication is designed to advise you of the things that we are able to do, and have done, to maintain as close to business as usual as we can over the coming weeks whilst this situation continues.
• We have implemented vigorous cleaning protocols to minimise the spread of the virus if it came into our business.
• We have advised all staff of the latest information so that they are able to detect if they have contracted the virus and what they should do.
• We have introduced breaks to replace shift hand overs so that staff on one shift pattern will not come into contact with
staff on another shift pattern.
• We have cancelled all non-urgent meetings and visits to and from our business.
• Where practical, remote working will be triggered.
• We hold consignment stock of paper at our plant and with our merchant to overcome any short-term issues with supply.
• This has been replicated with other important materials.
• We are very fortunate to be a multi-site operation and so if one site was affected, we could produce all urgent time sensitive prioritised material from the other site.
Over the years we have also built up an extensive group of friends in our industry and will be able to rely and call upon the support of that network to help us through any pinch points we might experience. So, any eventualities we may not have foreseen we are well placed to react to and handle. It is at times like this that our reputation, that we have worked so hard to build over the years, will stand us in good stead.
As always, our promise is that existing clients and scheduled work will always take priority. We would never compromise existing clients in favour of other work, should the situation arise that our services and capacity become more sought after as a result of the virus.
Should you wish to talk, then please do not hesitate to pick up the phone or drop me an email at any time.